Dirk van Staalduinen began with transport by horse and cart in February 1919. In 1952, his sons Koos and Dirk took over the business. At that time, the company still operated under the name Gebr. van Staalduinen and was engaged in the transport of manure, coal and fuel oil to greenhouses and agricultural products from and to auction. Due to the rapid rise of natural gas in the 1960s, the activities were expanded to include the transport and distribution of lubricating oil to garages and ocean-going vessels in the Benelux. From 1978 onwards, the company started to focus entirely on the storage, transhipment and transport of lubricant. In 1985, the company was transferred to the third generation as it was taken over by Jan van Staalduinen. In 1987, the business activities were expanded to include the transport and distribution of liquid fertilisers for substrate cultivation. In 2005, the company received a new impulse with the arrival of the Honderland industrial estate. From then on, developments went fast. These include a new office building in 2014 and a tank and container terminal in 2016, which doubled the tank storage capacity. Click here for the extended version of our history.
Staalduinen Logistics has celebrated its 100th anniversary in February 2019. A trailer with the highlights of the past 100 year has been specially designed for the 100th anniversary.